26. feb. 2010

Red Velvet Cake

Here is our review of the Red velvet cake:


A red velvet cake is a rich, moist, sweet cake with a dark red, bright red or red- brown color. It is usually prepared as a layer cake somewhere between chocolate and vanilla in flavor, topped with a creamy icing. Common ingredients are buttermilk, butter, flour, cocoa and either beets (!) or red food coloring. Cream cheese or butter cream frostings are also used (Source: Wikipedia).

We spoke to a man who worked at the bakery where we purchased the cake. He basically told us the cake is a result of lack of ingredients. During the war when ingredients were rationed, bakers used boiled beets to enhance the color of their cakes. Which explain the redness.

Chioma: I think it sucked. I felt like throwing up. I give the cake -1 out of 10.

Chinwe: I was hesitant of eating the cake to begin with because it contained beets, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I can’t really say what the cake tasted like; it didn’t have a distinct taste, at least not in my mouth at least. It wasn’t bad, but not perfect. The cake was really soft, which I liked. I give the cake 6 out of 10.


















Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message.
I appreciate and love every comment! < 3