25. nov. 2009

What is happiness?


What is happiness? According to wikipedia happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy. A variety of philosophical, religious, psychological and biological approaches have striven to define happiness and identify its sources. I find myself happier when I don’t speak to my parents or when we small talk like “hi” or “how was college?” Because when I talk to them properly, they seem to be disappointing in all aspects of my life. This happens all the time, I sometimes ask myself if it’s possible and the answer is “yes.” When you as a person don’t listen to the other person you are talking to, you can get blinded and not see your own mistakes. I keep thinking “I did not ask to be born so what’s your problem?” I keep saying I understand where you came from, I understand the environment and the time you grew up in, now understand mine. I’m really sick of getting yelled at for things I haven’t done and would never do. I didn’t start this blog post with saying “Hi Everyone” instead I said “What is happiness? My conclusion is that I don’t know what happiness is, so I’m asking YOU. Do you know what happiness is?

2 kommentarer:

  1. happiness to me is when I feel i've succeded with my goals. happiness to me is seeing the people around me smiling, and that makes me smile too :)

    SvarSlett

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message.
I appreciate and love every comment! < 3