15. nov. 2009

Meu nome é...

All my life I've had to pronounce my name at least twice whenever I've meet new people and they've asked what my name is. I really don't mind, because it's always been like this. There were times though when I was younger, were I wished I had an easier name to pronounce. Like Mia, Lise, Kristine and so on, but I'm way past that now. For those who don't know, my name is Chinwe. I really like my name; I like the letters put together, I like the meaning and I also like the fact that there aren't too many people around me with the same name. My name is of Igbo origin (Igbo is a Nigerian tribe) and means "God's own. So I feel rather special and blessed.

In the past I've been called all sorts of things. Here's a list of my top 5 favorites:

1. Ginnive. I worked in a kindergarden once and a 5 year old tried her best to say my name. Ginnive was the result.
2. Tchawe. A co- worker called me this not long ago. Oh well.
3. Innowe. SNM!
4. Shive. Sounds like slice in Norwegian...
5. Cheweng. This über cool Brazilian really tried pronouncing my name. Bless him.






Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message.
I appreciate and love every comment! < 3